The following are example questions similar in style and difficulty to those found in our Christmas Quiz Packages.
Note: None of these questions appear in our two new Christmas Quiz Packages.
1. Due to new laws in most western countries, why would the St Nick in the poem 'A visit from Saint Nicholas (T'was the night before Christmas...) be breaking the law when delivering gifts in most public places?
2. Why were Joseph and the expectant Mary on the road to Bethlehem in the first place?
3. Which country's equivalent to Santa delivers gifts on Christmas Eve in the company of a not so very nice butcher who had previously tried (without success) to pickle children alive in brine barrels?
4. What does the word Christ mean?
5. What name is given to the event, 9 months before the birth of Jesus, in which an angel tells Mary "Fear not, for thou shalt bring forth a son"?
6. Due to an Act of Parliament Christmas was effectively banned in England for 16 long years. This included all festivities, even the attendance of Mass or a church service. Plus or minus 25 years, when did this Scrooge or Grinch like catastrophe take place?
7. In pagan times, which popular Christmas accessory was known as an 'all healer'?
8. The original St. Nicholas (born around 280 AD) was the bishop of Myra, or modern day Damre. In which country is Damre located?
9. On which festive day do the French eat Galette des Rois?
10. Who played the drums in Band Aid for their chart topping Christmas hit "Do They Know It's Christmas?"
1. Most public places now have strict anti-smoking rules. The St Nick in the poem smokes on the job.
"The stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth, And the smoke it encircled his head like a wreath"
2. To pay tax (and take part in a census).
3. b. France
Pere Noel is accompanied by the bad butcher Pere Fouettard.
4. 'Anointed' from the Greek Xristo
5. The Annunciation.
6. 1664 under the prudish Puritans..
9. On the 6th of January.
The Epiphany or 'kings day'. Galette des Rois is 'Cake of Kings'
10. Phil Collins
Printable Answer Sheets
We have included a variety of answer sheets for you to print out and copy numerous times for your teams to write their answers on.
There are several formats and layouts for you to choose, depending on how many questions you plan to present in the competition and how much space on paper your teams will require in order to submit their answers.
Printable Quiz Master Score Sheet
To make your job EVEN easier, we have also thrown in a Printable Quiz Master Score Sheet for you to print out as well as instructions on how we recommend you should use it.